Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

I was on lexapro 30 mg and my dr. switched me over 10 days

I was on lexapro 30 mg and my dr. switched me over 10 days ago to prozac 20mg am and 10mg lexapro in the pm with no weaning off process i am having symptoms of anxiety,irritability,dizziness, insomnia could this be a side effect of changing meds? and if so how long to the side effects go away?
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

You're describing common symptoms of withdrawal, which can come from the 20 mg drop of Lexapro. They should subside each day, ending before 7-10 days are up. The two medications are similar, but have their differences which is causing the adjustment period discomfort. If it doesn't pass, then speak with your doctor about the plan of action if the meds aren't right for you.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna