Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

Is it normal for a 55 yr old man (who hasnt touched his wife

Is it normal for a 55 yr old man (who hasn't touched his wife since May of 2009) to go into a room with full length windows, with the light on (10:30 at night), naked? Yes, we have neighbors and (2) 24 hr. business's across the street. After catching him 3 times and asking him not to do that, he did it a 4th time and I blew up. In the past, he's also made advances to me in front of open windows with the lights on which I won't participate in. I've been told this is normal and it's me being too critical. I feel there's something terribly wrong here. Please help me to straighten out my mind.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your husband/partner. I'm not sure who told you this was "normal", but no, it's not normal. It's a form of exhibitionism, and it seems that being watched is a large part of what is sexually exciting for this person. There is nothing wrong with you for objecting to this. It's not normal behavior, and in fact, he could be arrested for it.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara