Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

my fiance is hooked on the roxicet. Its a nightmare. Ive

my fiance is hooked on the roxicet. It's a nightmare. I've been buying them for him and giving him a smaller amount every few days. Come to find out he's been getting them fronted at work. His boss does them and pretty much everyone that works there. I'm afraid we are goingt o lose our home because he is spending our money that should be used to pay bills. I am at my wits end. I love him with all my heart but I can't live like this anymore and I don't know what to do.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I'm sorry you are finding yourself in this situation. But what you have done is absolutely the right thing. don't buy him any more pills, and don't participate in any way in his addiction. The only time you should intervene is if he realizes he needs help and you need to find him some treatment. He may totally crash before (and if) he ever decides to stop. In the meantime, you need to decide whether you are going to risk everything you have in order to keep this relationship. If you stay, you may lose your home, esp. if you are allowing money to be diverted to drugs instead of your bills. It's good that you're at your wits end. You need to take care of yourself here and do what's right for you. He's responsible for himself. I know you love him, but don't ruin your life because he's determined to ruin his. All he has to do is acknowledge that he is addicted and get treatment. If he won't do that, they you should seriously consider separating yourself from him - at least financially - and let nature take it's course. Stop enabling him and take care of yourself. That's the only way he will get better - if he does.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara