Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

For Anna, I did it again, hours of seemingly good conversation

For Anna,
I did it again, hours of seemingly good conversation on the phone with bpd gf yesterday, and woke up all confused and insane. I can barely say anything in my mind that makes sense of the situation. I'm just angry that all I have with her is her extreme desperate need for me and it makes me all angry and sickly inside. She wants to keep me in bondage forever because I said I lover her in one moment of weakness. I must be nearly out now. I cant keep trying this phone call experiment and believe the outcome will change. Shes great to talk to about everything though, and I cant pinpoint what goes wrong, I just know I feel mental afterward and overwhelmed by her 'neeeeeeed' for me. She helped me out of a fix though. I bought a lease for someone who cant or wont help themselves and that she said was a bad idea so I got out of it just in time. Is she friend or foe? Anyway, I know this is the same merry go 'round for all too long, but I have to understand the truth. IS it me being a bit queezy because I've been out of a relationship for a long time, or is it possibly and really the words from her head that attack my peace of mind because...because...argh, there goes any train of thought of again...down the abysss of no return called...bpd gf? Yeah, I see, like my mom, absolutely no foundations in her life, just a fickle spider web of charm and self-pleasing emotional manipulation. Do you think I should book in for a live appointment with a psychologist about this? I'm cooking a bit lately.
I think it would be great for you to see someone would help you set a steady pace for your revelations and reality checks.

I call what just happened to you 'slimed'. Like you just got slimed. It all looks well and good when it's happening, but after you walk away, you feel icky and you've got green emotional goo all over you. You look back and try to figure it out, but it's hard to see when exactly it happened.

You know, you would make a great counselor when you get past this thing. You're insightful and articulate and have a great way describing things that most people can't find words for. Like this one: "like my mom, absolutely no foundations in her life, just a fickle spider web of charm and self-pleasing emotional manipulation." That should be in the dictionary. You have what it takes to help others, you just need to hold fast and keep walking through this difficult time. Well, that and get the hell off the phone with the bpd gf. God invented Caller ID for a reason. :)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Anna, I'm so worn down. Slimed! IF you are online I migh tbuy some more time, i feel like throwing up right now like I've killed someone!