Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I think my wife is bi polar. she often does not except responsibility

I think my wife is bi polar. she often does not except responsibility for her own actions, lies and is very inaffectionate. often seems as if she doesnt care to resolve a conflict SHE IS 37
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied with the answer.

If your wife is bipolar she needs to have a thorough evaluation by a psychiatrist to confirm the diagnosis. Then she needs to be placed on the appropriate medication. After she is stable on the medication I recommend couples counseling to repair the damage to your marriage her illness has caused. Bipolar is quite treatable. Please do not give up hope.

Just make sure she gets a proper diagnosis so that a proper treatment plan can be developed. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best wishes to you