Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

I think my 22 son, who still lives with us, is using drugs.

I think my 22 son, who still lives with us, is using drugs. There is no doubt I can find out by viewing his tex messages, which I pay for. Past history of DUI and some drug use. Should I check texting?
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

Absolutely yes, check his texting. And if you find out for certain that he is using drugs, make him leave the house. You are right on track, and because it's your home and your rules (and likely your money), you have a right to check whatever you want to. Bet wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Our older son is graduating from Navy Seal Training Aug. 6. My husband, 22 yr. old son and I are going. I'm not willing to "rock the boat" right now. We will be in the same hotel room for five days, on the plane, etc. This is a very important trip and a great accomplishment for our older son. I don't want to mess it up. When we get back, I plan to take action. We leave in two weeks. I really don't know if this is right or wrong, as far as waiting. I just want to get through the trip with peace and harmony for my older son's sake. What are your thoughts on this?
I would absolutely do the same thing if I were in your position. There is no need to ruin your son's graduation over your other son's dysfunctional behavior. So go ahead and wait. If drugs are a problem, I'm sure they still will be in a few weeks. Get through your trip and be there for your older son. Then deal with the younger one when you get home. Celebrate what is working in your life, and don't focus on what isn't. Just get it out of your environment. Good luck. Tamara