Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

my daughter is supposed to go on a cruise to Alaska with the

my daughter is supposed to go on a cruise to Alaska with the family. This morning she called me crying saying that she is terrified to go on the cruise and afraid to leave home for the ten days etc. She woke up early this morning with terrible anxiety related to this. I feel very badly for her and all of the expenses have already been paid for and cannot be cancelled.
What can I do to help her get past this anxiety?
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied with the answer.

This level of anxiety and panic needs professional attention. If there is time before the cruise, she should spend a few sessions with a cognitive-behavioral therapist who can help her develop strategies to deal with the anxiety when it first starts.

If there is not time, I suggest she see her doctor and get an anti-anxiety medication to take as needed before and during the cruise. It is a shame that she might miss this wonderful cruise. I have taken it and it is terrific!!!!

Let me know if you have further questions.