Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I dread going to bed because I know when I wake up Ill be

I dread going to bed because I know when I wake up I'll be in for a morning of pure anxiety hell. It is hard to get going, shower and get ready. I have a "don't care" attittude and the pain is so intense I even have thoughts of suicide. As the day progresses I feel some what better and can't wait until work is over and I can retreat to my chair. This has been ongoing for about a year. Any thoughts of getting my old self back again.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied with the answer.

You are saying that you have severe anxiety in the morning and chronic pain. Regular antianxiety medications and antidepressants do not help. I think you need to see a psychiatrist who can work with you on finding the right combination of medications to address this morning anxiety. I hope you are also working with a pain management specialist. You do not need to suffer this way. This condition is treatable. Please do not give up.

Let me know if you have further questions. I wish you well.