Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

I read this from a previous patients problem and it pretty

I read this from a previous patients problem and it pretty much is my problem. I get extreme sex drives where my mind races and i have to masturbate. I have extreme difficulty in my relationships with girlfriends. I have been compulsively masturbating my whole life since i was about six yrs old. after i have finished orgasm i get really hungry and then a depression sets in. I realize I am not in control of my sex life. Instead, it has control over me. How can I achieve a good balance? I have thought of seeing a Neurologist or Psychologist as I truly believe, something chemical related is out of whack causing my symptoms.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied with the answer.

Please see a psychologist who is experienced in sexual disorders. You already know that your sexual habits are not normal. It appears to me that you have a compulsion to masturbate and have done so from a very young age. You don't need a neurologist, but you definitely should see someone experienced in sexual addiction. You will benefit from therapy and may also need medication.

My best to you.