Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I would like to discuss an relationship at the office

In the office next to me there works a lady which in the past I was disturbed by her loud noise music etc. I mentioned it to her supervisor and he arranged that she keep the music low well after that I felt that she would always turn the music down whenever I would walk in I was fine with that but then it turn into some kind of unpleasantness she would not like the fact that I have a say on how hi or low her music should be. So she would turn on the music whenever I would walk in her office which by the way her office is in the kitchen to kind of show me that i don't any control over her. OK I am willing to remove any control over her I will not ever think that I am in control over her I just want to let her know that she should care about me and keep the music low. The other day I walked in to the office and she was in her office I did not make a point to say good morning which I sometime do she was taking with someone in the office for at least 20 min so i Made believe as if I was taking to somebody but they kept on talking so i walked out of the office and than walked back in and as i walked in to the office i made a sound EHEM Which i learned form another person in the office. After doing that I said to myself i will never do that again. How should I deal with her from now on?
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer. Your question is not closed until you are satisfied with the answer.

I understand that you have released control over her music and I also understand that you want her to be respectful of you and keep the music low. I don't understand the last part about walking into her office, walking back out and then coming in to say EHEM. Why will you never do that again? Can you explain more what you want to accomplish with this woman?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't want to accomplish anything with this woman.
OK, then I guess you should have as little contact with her as possible, and if she ignores you or is rude to you, the best course of action is to act like nothing happened. If she is trying to get your goat with her behavior, act like you don't even notice. Be pleasant and courteous. Get your business done and leave as soon as you can. It will drive her crazy.