Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

my boyfriend of 2 years flirts with women. Am I overreacting

my boyfriend of 2 years flirts with women. Am I overreacting? I'll share a recent example he told about, the other day on the train he started a conversation with a young lady with are you a model? I don't understand why that conversation was necessary. I must also offer that he cheated on me last year. We have been on the road to recovery but I still have a hard time trusting him. His flirting bothers me, should it?

Some people are "harmless flirts" really just friendly people who like to "play"with no intention of following through with any action. However, since your boyfriend has cheated on you recently, I can understand why it bothers you and it should. He is in the position of earning back your trust. He needs to do a better job of doing that.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi there, I apologize for taking so long to respond. Thank you for your answer. After reading your it I believe this is the case with him. And he has been working hard to earn my trust back both in words and in deeds. I just get really scared that he might cheat on me again. That whole forgive and forget thing, I have learned, is a lot harder than I thought. Especially if you decide to continue the relationship. We have both been through a lot and I believe we are committed to making our relationship work. Again, thank you.
My pleasure. I am glad this was helpful. Please remember to hit "Accept" if you are satisfied with this answer.