Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

my boyfriend of 2 years flirts with women. Am I overreacting

my boyfriend of 2 years flirts with women. Am I overreacting? I'll share a recent example he told about, the other day on the train he started a conversation with a young lady with are you a model? I don't understand why that conversation was necessary. I must also offer that he cheated on me last year. We have been on the road to recovery but I still have a hard time trusting him. His flirting bothers me, should it?
Hello:

Some people are "harmless flirts" really just friendly people who like to "play"with no intention of following through with any action. However, since your boyfriend has cheated on you recently, I can understand why it bothers you and it should. He is in the position of earning back your trust. He needs to do a better job of doing that.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi there, I apologize for taking so long to respond. Thank you for your answer. After reading your it I believe this is the case with him. And he has been working hard to earn my trust back both in words and in deeds. I just get really scared that he might cheat on me again. That whole forgive and forget thing, I have learned, is a lot harder than I thought. Especially if you decide to continue the relationship. We have both been through a lot and I believe we are committed to making our relationship work. Again, thank you.
My pleasure. I am glad this was helpful. Please remember to hit "Accept" if you are satisfied with this answer.