Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

my daughter is 24 she has been with her partner for 8 years

my daughter is 24 she has been with her partner for 8 years she has lied twice about being pregnant to her partner and her family she just gave birth! twice now we would ark her all the time she would say no! she lies all the time she alway has! her house is a mess she live in a fantacie all the time when we confrount her she get angry!her partner is ill in hospital i think hes had a breack now!i dont know what to do she is in a world of her own and her lies she dosnt have many friends because of her lies ive tried for her to see a doctor but she lied about that i think she could be pregant again!she told me that she had injection but told her boyfriends mum she had the coil! this is now getting out of control!she is not aware or cares about the fact when she lies becauce she will get angry then tell another lie! the house is a mess with dirty washing hiden away she spends money all the time and steals things!people just acept the way she is oh that becca she dose have a hart but things are getting worse! her partner is a very quiet guy when he gets home from work she dumps the childen on him and goes out he cant cope anymore!we dont know what to do i love my daughter but this cant go on anymore for my grandchildens sake!she also thinks she is jorden and would like to be like her she is absest with her daughter she is havind a princess party today which has cost to much! she is not in the real world1 also have just found out that she gives have children calpol all the time even when thay dont need it!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 4 years ago.
Hello:

This is very serious and it is time to intervene. Next time you tell the doctor what is going on ahead of time, and ask the doctor to evaluate her based on what you are saying. Give examples and definitely tell the doctor about the calpol. This may even be reportable to social services in the UK, and you should call them and ask if it is. Also her neglect of her children and her fantasy life can be a danger to her children.

My recommendation is to call social services and tell them what is going on. Also call her doctor and tell the doctor what is going on and ask for some assistance. She may be found unfit to care for her children, so be prepared for that possibility.

In any case, you need help outside your family. Please call social services as soon as possible.

My best to you with warm regards,
Experience: APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience