Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

my current medications are wellbutrin xl 300mg , abilify 5mg

my current medications are wellbutrin xl 300mg , abilify 5mg & focalin xr 30 mg twice a day. Should i be as tired as i am? I didnt think a stimulant could make you tired. Im confused. I felt very calm the first month on these meds, but now on end of month 2 and feeling tired, anxious, & irratable
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

You should not feel tired with this medication mix...I agree that it's confusing. The only thing I can think of is if you're actually overstimulated and are succumbing to a build up of fatigue. It's like when a person has way too much coffee...they'll be hyper to a point, but soon after that, it'll knock them out and they'll sleep.

I certainly would speak with your doctor about this as all of those medications are stimulating.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna