Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

Im taking 300mg wellbutrinxl, focalinxr30 twice daily, when

Im taking 300mg wellbutrinxl, focalinxr30 twice daily, when would be a good time to take my abilify 5mg? I currently take all together but feel anxiety nervousness & tired. would it help to take the abilify seperate from my morning dose of wellbutrin, focalin
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

I would recommend that you take the Abilify at lunch for a week and see if that doesn't work better for you. You need to take the Wellbutrin in the morning hours, but it doesn't need to be at the same time of your Focalin. The Focalin is the one that gives you the most immediate response and effect....the wellbutrin comes on more softly and it's effect lasts over a couple days, so the one most crucial to immediate functioning is the Focalin. The Abilify also works over days, but it usually too activating to take later in the day for many.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.