How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1945
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Anna is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just scored 100 on an add adult online screening. Is there

This answer was rated:

I just scored 100 on an add adult online screening. Is there a way to have this diagnosed online or can you recommend someone in my area of columbus ms?
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

You can go to any GP and they'll usually be happy to treat adult ADD. There isn't a special test...just a set of questions similar to the ones you see online. Print out your test and bring it to the doctor with you. You may have to see a psychiatrist, but I would go to a GP first. (cheaper and easier to get an appt with).

Many adults are in your position and their lives have turned around with proper treatment. Keep pushing forward till you get the treatment you need to be a fully functional adult - it' worth the effort.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.



Anna and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
For Anna:
Can you tell me if MS allows GPs to prescribe for adult add or if I have to go to a psychiatrist by MS law? Also if I do can you recommend a couple within the zip code of 39759 or 39701. Thank you
Thank you for the bonus! I appreciate it.

You don't have to go to a psychiatrist by law, but I don't know of any to recommend to you. I would google your town name and then look for a doctor that way. If you have insurance, call the number on the back of the card and they'll be able to give you the name of a couple that are in your plan.

Adults seeking treatment for ADD is so common now that most all GPs have taken classes in it and are comfortable with the treatment. When you make your appointment, you can ask them if they treat it, to be sure, but that may make you look like a drug seeker, as the black market on ADD drugs is very active and lots of people 'doctor shop" to get prescriptions to sell.

My best to you!

Related Mental Health Questions