Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.
3241695

I took 6mg of xanax and 10 mg of valium. Could this cause

Customer Question

I took 6mg of xanax and 10 mg of valium. Could this cause an overdose or be lethal? I generally take 1.5 to 2.5 mg xanax and 5 mg valium daily. Thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Selah R, M.S. LPC replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

You are having symptoms of an overdose (taking too much) but you have not taken a lethal dose. You need to contact your psychiatrist or the local emergency room before you take any additional doses because the medication is still in your blood stream. Either your symptoms are not being adequately controlled, and you need better medications, or you are suicidal and need help getting out of the suicidal thoughts. You may have a great deal of depression, pain, and stress going on in your life that you want to stop, but you don't have to end your life to make that happen.

Get help. Suicide is not your only option, and it is the only option that guarantees that your life will never get better. Don't give up on yourself.

Selah