Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.

In 2005 i was diagnosed with bipolar, I was on treatment for

Customer Question

In 2005 i was diagnosed with bipolar, I was on treatment for 2 years but then recovered. Today I am picking up symptoms.
One symptom that has made me think it is:
I phoned my previous work executive and made a date and made arrangements to go and visit him. The matter became serious when he bought me a flight ticket, and then i realised it was not me.
Also as a very shy person I have guts to approach people that I have never spoken to before especially males.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Selah R, M.S. LPC replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

I'm glad you've taken steps to get back into treatment.

Bipolar is something that will always be with you, it's in your genes, it's in the wiring of your brain. You'll have periods where the symptoms are minimal or seem totally gone (like remission), but the disorder is still there.

Paying attention to your signs and symptoms is key in getting quick help, getting back on medications, and trying to stop the huge mania and huge depression that follows. The sooner you get on medication the better your chances of getting this back under control quickly.

If you start having more Bipolar episodes more frequently, you may have to consider staying on a low dose of a mood stabilizer to help manage future episodes. It's no different than someone taking medication for high blood pressure to reduce their risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Best wishes,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
with these episodes , i think i am in a manic stage and need something to stabilize. Do I need a prescription for the stabilizer or I can go over counter treatment. If i can go over the counter what is the best treatment that i can ask for.
Yes, what you describe sounds like mania. You will most likely need to see a psychiatrist for these medications. In the countries I'm most familiar with (US, Canada, UK) these medications require a prescription. Who gave you the medication you took last time? If those medications worked well, they might want to try to same medications this time.