Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

My husband was told that He has ADD by his doctor. This is

My husband was told that He has ADD by his doctor. This is a new thing that I need to get my head around. What can I do for him and what can I expect from him as far as wanting to help himself? He is 55 years of age, and not very positive!
Hello:

Your husband has had ADD most of his life and it is normal to him. Did the doctor suggest any treatment? If not, it is probably mild and will show itself as forgetfulness, misplacing things, acting absent-minded and easily distracted. Really it is just a lack of focus and not anything for concern unless he is doing something dangerous or it is affecting his work.

Let me know if you have further questions.