Selah R, M.S. LPC
Selah R, M.S. LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor; over 13+ yrs exp working with adults, teens, & families/couples.

Which program works to get off Benzos. The Road Back or Benzos

Which program works to get off Benzos. The Road Back or Benzos UK?
Thank you for trusting JustAnswer with your important question.

I would beware of any program that offers to help you stop your benzo-based medications without doing the program under the care of your personal doctor. Getting off benzos usually needs to be a very slow process (depending on the amount you are on, the severity of your symptoms, and how long you've been on them).

I believe there are people who can taper off the benzos on their own, with the supervision of their doctor to make sure they stay safe; and those people who need to taper while also working with a counselor to learn new skills to replace the benzos (mindfulness, meditation, stress reduction, relaxation, cognitive behavioral strategies, etc.). Your best chance for success is going to be learning new tools to replace the benzos, not just different or natural pills to replace them.

I can't find a link to read more about the Benzos UK program. But The Road Back should only be done after first consulting with your doctor to make a taper schedule based on your medical and mental history.