Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

For the past 4 months I have been suffering from symptoms such

For the past 4 months I have been suffering from symptoms such as loss of coordination, unsteadiness, facial numbness, weight loss, tingling cold sensations in my arms and legs. My doctor says I have anxiety...but I feel these symptoms all day everyday even when not in stressful situations. When I get up in the middle of the night, the symptoms are still there. Is this common in anxiety??
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Anxiety could produce symptoms like that, but without doing a bit more evaluation, I wouldn't just assume it's the case. Those signs can be from all kinds of things. Did you have a neurological exam?

Edited by Anna on 7/1/2010 at 5:11 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I have been waiting 5 months to see a neurologist. I am not considered high priorty. I do not feel like I am THAT anxious that I have these symptoms everyday for months and they seem to be getting worse. I am typically pretty calm in high stress situatons and generally pretty lad back. I just can't beliieve would feel anxiety for this long of a period...and in the night?? I will wake up to use the washroom and still feel off balance and tingly. Any help would be appreciated!
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

If possible, see another GP. If not, start going up the chain of command with a formal complaint. This all sounds so very odd to me that you would present with neurological symptoms and not dealt with in an appropriate manner. Something is missing here - that's all I can conclude from this. If all those symptoms were caused by anxiety, you'd be feeling very anxious and know it. I just really question the whole anxiety smacks of the old days when people were not believed and told it's all in their head. Personally, I'd do whatever it took to get in front of another physician for a second opinion, and absolutely wouldn't wait 5 months.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.