Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

As you read this letter from father of my child, what do you

As you read this letter from father of my child, what do you get from this, he states so many lies. He has all the traits of a sociopath and I am afraid for my son well being and mines. It is like he is more focused on me than about the child as if he do not supposed to take care of the child but look. He believe others kids has alot to do with me and my child. As if I am supposed to say I understand you have alot on your plate, if I had I have to do.

Karen,
We have got to stop this. I hate writing in print so I hope you can read my cursive. We have to stop this. My son is 4 years old and I have never spent any time with him. We have done the hate thing for a long time and it’s getting us no where. I don’t want to fight with you anymore. I am sorry it has gotten this far. I’m tired of everyone. You and I have to figure this out. Us going at it is only affecting our son. I would love to get to know him. I miss him more then you can know. His name is XXXXX XXXXX me just like the rest of my kids. I love him. But it’s been hard for me to spend any time with him because I was afraid what you might do. It’s not that I don’t want to support my son, it’s just I can’t support him if I myself don’t have anything. I made a lot of mistakes in my past which has made it almost impossible to find employment. Especially in todays economy. That’s why I went back to school. To make it better for all my kids including Kouvorious. Believe it or not he is not my only kid. I have 5. Plus 3 stepkids. That’s 8. And I love all of them the same. I want us to get along Karen. I want to be able to sepnd time with you and my son. Maybe we can get a relationship going instead all this confusion. I will be headed to Gainesville to handle those charges soon. About 3 weeks I will put you on my visitation. I don’t want my son to come see me in jail though. Hopefully they will let me out while I’m in Gainesville and we all can spend time together. Let “us” try and work this out. Don’t work against me, help me. I can use it. That’s if you want the best for our son. He needs his daddy. I know I need him.
Your truly,
Tiwon Ford
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I think that you have a very clear feeling, based on your experience with this man, that he cannot be trusted and that this letter is yet another attempt to manipulate you. Don't second guess yourself. The more you question your gut reaction to him and this situation, the more he has a toehold into your head and your life. If you don't trust him, stay away from him. Period. Your son doesn't need to have contact with a sociopath, and neither do you.

best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara
Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience: 20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified