Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

Hello, nice to see your website, because i need some insite.

Hello, nice to see your website, because i need some insite. I am 42 years old, my daughter is 17 and son is 21. My husband is a workaholic. He does love me, but other than an occasinal dinner and movie (once every 10-12 weeks) we do nothing to gether as a couple or family. He never tells me im pretty! only grabs my hinny once in awhile. he is a very good honest man. But I want to laugh have fun, go out with friends ( we have NONE) and i want to be told as with everywoman I am pretty. I have talked to him numerous times...not alot of results! I found myself picking up another guys phone number. I was shocked. My husband told me 6 yrs ago, My weight, which is about 12 pounds over..bothered him. Since then I can not reach the big O. What do I do? I dont want to hurt him! But I can not live like this forever! I feel as if i am withering up inside.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Addiction of any kind builds strong walls around the addict and hurts all the people who lose the connection to him that they once had. You're feeling the same things that the spouse of any kind of addict feels...alone, questioning your attractiveness, missing him, parenting like a single mom, and wondering why you feel this way when everything looks like it's in order.

You don't want to hurt him, but you need to give yourself equal consideration. How much do you want to let him hurt you? Withering up inside is the feeling of your soul dying. I recommend that you google workaholism and family support for it. Get online with the blogs and support sites so that you can hear other women's stories and tell your'll help you not feel crazy, but more importantly, it will help you understand how impersonal his addiction is. It can be quite stunning to hear your own story repeated by 10 people you've never met, but it helps alot.

Counseling will also help you to re-connect to your original, vibrant self so that you can figure out what you want to do about your situation. He can change if he wants to. You can't change him. Those 2 facts are the bedrock of sanity when you're living with addiction.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.