Tamara, Counselor & Psychotherapist
Experience:  20+ yrs Private Practice; Cert. Master Therapist; National Board Certified; APA Board Certified

I pick aat my skin,face,pimps or black heads,I pick until they

Customer Question

I pick aat my skin,face,pimps or black heads,I pick until they bleed. I have taalked to my dr about it, he just increst my zanax, is there some around line thing going on that I have become so thinking about it and waiting until my husband leaves so I can pick, pick pick,oh and I'm on blood thinners too.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Tamara replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm pleased to try to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Compulsive picking is an OCD related behavior, and really needs to be treated by a psychiatrist who can prescribe you the appropriate medication to help reduce your desire and need to pick. Although it can be related to anxiety, it is usually not best treated with antianxiety medication. Antidepressants have been found to be more effective. So talk with a psychiatrist and get some treatment for your OCD. There really is no need to suffer with this any longer.

Best wishes, and please let me know if I can answer any further questions. Tamara