Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

I have a sister who is bipolar and schizoaffective disorder.

I have a sister who is bipolar and schizoaffective disorder. She lives in Santa Fe in a complex for homeless/mentally ill called Life Link. She was diagnosed with bi-polar 15 years ago and she is slowing growing more and more psychotic. My brother and I, now living in Texas, have to drive to Santa Fe next week and pick her up and her belongings and move her here to live because the Life Link place no longer wants her living there. She constantly calls the police and gets herself admitted to the hospital. I just want your opinion on how good it would really be to have her here. My mom and I live together. I moved here 1 year ago to take care of her she will be 81 in August. At any rate, she needs help, I need help. She needs to live in a supervised home in Texas so they can monitor her taking her medication
Hello and thanks for visiting JA.

On one level, it would be good to have her closer to you, but given your family circumstances, you need to take vary good care that you do not find yoursel manoeuvered into a situation in which you are stretched further and further, with the reult that your ability to care for yourself AND your mother is impaired.

I strongly suggest that you get together with your brother and your Social Services Department (see here - http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/help/index.html) to decide how this problem can be shared and addressed.