Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I am diagnosed as Bipolar with Psychotic Tendencies . I am

I am diagnosed as "Bipolar with Psychotic Tendencies". I am getting regular treatment but my doctor is out of town. Ever since i have been dating someone I feel like I am walking into a trap. I feel this because of a group of people that messed with me 6 years ago told me my future. They tell me either i am crazy or a sex offender or both. I feel like her 12 year old daughter or one of her daughters friends willl accuse me of it. I don't know how to stop my fears. Can you help me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Your doctor will have emergency coverage...someone who is taking his calls and cases while he's out of town, so if you call the regular number, there should be instructions on who to contact.

What you can say is that you're having 'breakthrough' symptoms...symptoms that are going past what your medication can currently handle, and need to be evaluated for a medication adjustment. It sounds like you might be starting to have some paranoid thoughts, and if you've had trouble with psychosis in the past, this needs to be addressed medically as soon as possible so that it doesn't take root.

You're doing all the right things: taking your meds, staying busy and distracted and talking to someone....keep that up as it will pay off for you. You can also use some CBT self-help techniques right now to help direct your thoughts and feelings till you can get re-stabilized on your meds. Here is the link for that: CBT You'll get through this if you keep up the good work and talk to the doctor, and work with the CBT techniques.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.