Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I just relocated from Atlanta to DC and Im having a difficult

I just relocated from Atlanta to DC and I'm having a difficult time contacting my old dr in Atlanta. I need less expensive medication. Currently I take lexapro 20mg daily; lamictal 150mg 2x daily; Wellbutrin 150mg 2x daily;Invega 3mg daily. When I had insurance they were expensive. Now that I temporarily dont have insurance (looking for work), the cost is unaffordable. What would be comparable generic drugs to replace the above?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

The first thing, that I would do is to. as you said, is to speak to a psychiatrist who will work on less expensive generic medications. Further, many brand makers have programs for those who cannot afford the brand medicine, but cannot afford to pay a reduced fee. Certain pharmacies like Walgreen and CVS also have programs for the medically indigent. Have no shame, the brand companies make a a fortune-any break you can get is justified.

Sincerely,

Customer/p>

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What I.m really looking for are the names of appropriate or substitutabe generics

I do not mean to ignore your question, but the best source for the medications you seek would be be an appropriate psycolopharmoclogist. as well as the pharmacist. I am sorry I cannot give exact equivalents. My hope is that this is more useful and gets you closer to the information you seek.

Sincerely,

Customer/p>