Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

I keep having dreams where I have a baby and I want to know

I keep having dreams where I have a baby and I want to know where this is coming from and how to get over this.. can you please help?
Thank you for using Most dream analysts believe that seeing a baby in your dreams represents new beginnings or a rebirthing period that is about to happen. There are many interpretations you can find online. Here is one that may help you figure it out more clearly:

"Baby To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies symbolize something in your own inner nature that is pure, vulnerable, helpless and/or uncorrupted."

You can read more here.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Kym, thanks alot for answering my question. Although I know that things in dreams can be symbols and representations of whats going on in your life, I feel this might be unhealthy because In my deams Im not tending to the baby right. I also fantasize about having a child in the near future and feel that too, is unhealthy bnecause I know I wouldnt be ready and in my opinion I'm pretty young for that. What are some reasons I might be feeling like having a baby?

-I dont know if i can add additional questions but I'm just trying to figure out the undelying reason for these feelings and hope you can further help

Hi Sara,
thanks for this question as well. I think biologically it is normal to be thinking about having babies at age 18 but rationally you know you are far too young for a child. Hence, dreaming about having the child and not being able to take care of it would make perfect sense. The age old conflict of being hormonally compelled but no where near ready. Know what I mean?

Let me know if you have any other questions about this. No need to worry about this, perfectly normal =]

Take care,