Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
25692555

I have made a self-diagnosis based on the information I have

I have made a self-diagnosis based on the information I have been gathering. I believe to be suffering from ocd. My obsessions are mental, in that the rituals take place in my head. I have a problem with excessive guilt and excessive feelings of responsibility, and I go over what I say to people in my little head, or I'll recount a certain situation in my head to try to feel less of the guilt. It literally shakes my world; takes away my quality of life and creates more guilt since the people I love suffer because of me. I am overpowered by guilt and responsibility about certain situations that have occurred and which I cannot free my mind of. Please tell me how to help myself. I am fed up and desperate.
Mina Can you please tell me where in Montreal I may be able to receive help. Thanks
Thank you for using Justanswer.com. I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I would recommend seeking help from a therapist that specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. This is the most proven therapeutic modality for someone suffering from OCD. It does sound like your self-diagnosis is accurate and if you can start seeing a therapist that specializes in CBT you should see results quickly. Here is a list of therapists in Montreal that specialize in this type of therapy. I don't know which part of Montreal so I can't be more specific but this should get you off to a good start. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is very effective so you may not need Effexor again after you start therapy. Best of luck with your Effexor taper as well, I know it can be brutal.

I wish you all the best with this situation. Please let me know if you have further questions or if you need clarification about this answer.

Take care,
Kym