Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

I just completed the adult adhd quiz, and i scored an 80. Does

I just completed the adult adhd quiz, and i scored an 80. Does this mean i have adhd? How is it treated? I am a 36 yr old female who was diagnosed with depression 2yrs ago.
Thank you for using Scoring 80 on an online test does not mean you have ADHD. If you do have it, it can be treated by a number of prescription medications (strattera, vyvanse, adderal, ritalin). I would suggest speaking with your prescriber of the effexor and seroquel and ask them to evaluate for ADHD. If the prescriber is a primary care dr. you may want to go to a psychiatrist for an evaluation.

I wish you the best with this. Please let me know if you have any questions about this answer or if you need further clarification about this answer.

Take care,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How is it identified? It has been suggested by collegues it may be something i have. Is it common in adults? Can it affect you in any way from continuing to work?
Thank you for these questions as well. Here is the diagnostic criteria for ADHD and how a Dr. would identify if you have it. It is believed that the prevalence rate for ADHD in adults is about 1-5% of the population. ADHD shouldn't affect your work if you find the proper medication to helps treat it.

I hope these answers help as well. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,