Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

My Schizophrenic stopped using medications about a month ago

Customer Question

My Schizophrenic stopped using medications about a month ago. Since a week ago my parents are able to mix his medicines in food and feed him. He is sleeping well now after a long time. But sometimes he still becomes angry especially early in the morning. Doctors are saying that now his medicines won't work. he needs to be hospitalised and given injections. Is this true? He has been on atevan and Atrisol for about four years now.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

This is common in schizophrenia...to have periods of time when the symptoms overtake the medication and the patient stops taking them. Hospitalization allows his environment to be contained and his medication given in quicker acting ways. I would follow the doctor's advice...they don't admit people for no reason anymore as standards are quite strict.

Anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is a very far cry. I am asking only hoping if you have any professional network.

I need psychiatrists in Mumbai, India. Any psychiatrist who is currently in Mumbai and can give me some advice regarding treatment and hospitals.

My problem is that I am the sibling of the patient. I am in US right now whereas the patient and my parents are in Mumbai. I am feeling very helpless here. There is no information for me right now. If you could suggest anything, or if you could let me know of a network that would be great.

Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Oh, I'm very sorry. I don't know of anyone in that area, but I believe we have a couple of psychiatrists that work with Just Answers from India. I'll open this question up to all experts, and if one of them has any information for you, they'll provide it on this thread. If no one does, it will sit here. I would watch it for a couple days to see if anyone answers.

Sorry for your situation.
Anna