Wendy M
Wendy M, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Over 16 years in chemical dependency and the mental health field.

I have Schizophrenia for 10 years. Recently on March 2010,

I have Schizophrenia for 10 years. Recently on March 2010, my psychiatrist tried to lower down my dosage to 1mg Risperidone. After 2.5 months, today I feel I cannot concentrate on my work, so in the afternoon I took 1mg Risperidone. Thereafter I have fever of 37.6C, I go to see doctor. But when I visited the doctor, the doctor measure for me, and it was not fever, only 36.9C. I think tonight I should go back to my old dosage as 1.5mg Risperidone.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Wendy M replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

It sounds like you were doing really well on the 1.5 mg of Risperidone that you were on. So well, that your psychiatrist tried to lower your dosage. I am sorry to hear that after a couple of months, that you cannot concentrate as well as you have before. If you were doing well on the 1.5mg dose, then going back to that dose, would make absolute sense. If you cannot get in, to see your psychiatrist, I would give him a call, to let him know that you would like to go back to your original dosage. Let him know what you are experiencing, with your lack of concentration as well. At least this way, he will know what it is that you are doing with your medications and can give the final approval to go back on your original dose.

I do hope this helps some. If you have any other questions about this, please let me know, I'd be happy to answer them.

Take care,