Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

A religious question Since I believe that God is all knowing,

Customer Question

A religious question: Since I believe that God is all knowing, powerful, and eternal, as well as having the power of knowing all of the past, present, and future events; then why would God create Lucifer? Why would create an enemy for himself and his children? In addition, since God is all powerful, why not just simply eliminate Satan? Would this not be the best for all of us?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 4 years ago.
Hello:

You are asking questions that have been asked for centuries about the nature of God. The best answer I have heard is that we only see events in a finite way, while God seems them in several dimensions. As for Lucifer, He had to have evil so that people could make a choice between evil and good, since we all have free will. God never imposes Himself upon us, He wants us to come freely. In order to come to Him freely we need to be able to make a choice; therefore Satan is a necessity.

I hope this has been helpful. Please talk to your pastor if you still have questions about this.
Experience: APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For me, it is rather puzzling that Heavenly Father would allow evil to exist in presence and knowing full well that Lucifer would becoming evil before he was cast out of heaven due to his rebellious behavior. It is difficult to me to grasp this concept because it undermines God's logic reasoning for creating this evil creature.

I thought that God can not create anything that is evil, because is perfectly good and an loving God. Although, logically I can see that by having Satan exist; this may be the only way to determine whether obey or rebell against him and that is wants us to prove to him that we are worthy stand in presence once we depart from this earth. However, The question remains in my mind; is that God must have full knowledge of evil, inspite of the fact that all loving and in every way, shape, or form.Yet, it contradicts his nature! Do you see my dilemma in attempting understand the nature of God! Any thoughts, suggestions, comments would be helpful?

Thanks for answering my questions!

Vin

203/874/8044

You are welcome. There is so much we do not understand on this side of the veil. I believe we will come to a complete understanding in the next life. I do know that God does not make mistakes!!!

Best to you