Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Hi, I am seeing a psychiatrist for panic/anxiety/depression/obsessive

I am seeing a psychiatrist for panic/anxiety/depression/obsessive compulsive thoughts, I started seeing a therapist who believes i may have adhd this is the third therapist who suggested this.
Online i have 90 percent of the symptoms. The therapist is going to write a letter explaining why i should be tested
My question is how do they test you? are there any brain imaging done like a spect?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

Brain imaging isn't necessary to diagnose ADHD...the test is a set of questions, and probably the same ones you've seen online. It isn't a difficult thing to diagnose, so I wouldn't worry about it. The letter from the therapist will have a huge influence with the doctor, but they'll just ask you about your experiences and traits.

My best to you,
Anna