Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

What is the Linden method to treat anxiety I want your honest,

What is the Linden method to treat anxiety? I want your honest, professional opinion. It looks like it's nothing but a racket, but I can't find anything about it online, except to say that it is controversial.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcom to JA.

The Linden method is based on the premis that an individual can 'control' the reaction of the amygdala, the 'fear centre in the brain.

It is absolutely wonderful - for the people who sell it, and no-one else.

The material that you purchase does a fairly good job of explaining the whys and wherefores of anxiety and panic - nothing you can't get free elswwhere.

The website is very cleverly designed - howver it makes some extreme false claims.

It claims yo be scientifically proven - yout I can find no double blind, peer reviewed studies.

It claims to be the only cure of anxiety - rubbish.

It links a study of amygdala response in rats to the Linden methed in such a way as to suggest that the NIMH has approved the method - which it has not

It says that counselling and psychotheraypy are not needed - why then does he retain a staff of trained counsellors and psychologists whose abilities, he claims are unmatched bay any others - really"

My view is that it presents some basic information very cleverly, but is untruthful in it's advertising and assertions.

Personally, I would not recommend it.

Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcom to JA.

Personally, I would not recommend it.