Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

my partner of 1 year stopped drinking 5 years ago but i believe

my partner of 1 year stopped drinking 5 years ago but i believe is a " dry drunk " he's moody and angry and resentful and irritable , i knew he had given up booze when we got together and he knew i liked the odd glass off red wine particulary when out or with a meal, i dont drink to get drunk, my question is should i completely give up around him or should he accept that his illness means he cant drink but the rest of the world does ?
I am not much of a believer in "dry drunk". Some people are moody, angry, resentful and irritable whether they drink or not. I doubt if your drinking or not will make any difference. He needs to deal with whatever is bothering him and you need to decide if this is acceptable behavior to you. You can't fix him by changing yourself.