Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I know who I want to be - good christian, abstinent until marriage,

Customer Question

I know who I want to be - good christian, abstinent until marriage, drug free, a healthy eater as well as a positive, sociable and productive person. But I am the total opposite. I curse a lot. I have sex with people who don't care about me expecting them to love me and they don't. I smoke a lot of weed, I can't stop buying it. I overeat usually the greasiest food. People I work with say I am moody. I get crazy a lot too. I lose stuff all the time and I am messy. I don't like talking to people afraid I might say something stupid. I am not motivated and sometimes very sad. I cry because of the loneliness... I feel like a big mess and I have no idea how to stop these behaviors, don't even know if I am capable of it... What can I do to change into the person I want to be?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answers.

First off, I would recommend that you be evaluated by a physician for clinical depression. All the things you mention are symptoms of depression or bipolar disorder. Let me give you some links so that you can see what I'm seeing.

Once you're medically clear, then I'd look to counseling to help you sort out your life and find some direction and the oomphf to work towards it. You can start today with self help CBT exercises.

CBT will give you the method to change the person you are into one you want to be.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.