IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician

I am in desperate need of a pysciatrist that specializes in

Customer Question

I am in desperate need of a pysciatrist that specializes in chronic pain in Bergen County NJ. My Pain Man Dr dismisssed me due to the treatment he was giving me was not working, now I am in severe pain, this morning my physciatrist who was going to give me a script for my pain, who has me on xanax and topomax called to tell me he lost his medical liscence. Instead of going crazy trying to find 2 seperate doctors, I am looking for one to help me. I am bed ridden so it's ideal and so much easier for me. PLEASE help me.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.
i don't know of any in particular, but i would google the "American Academy of Addiction Medicine" - their website will have a list of doctors in your area. Addiction Medicine Psychiatrists will help you manage chronic pain as well, they are not necessarily there to treat addictions, rather, to prevent addictions as well. best of luck.