Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW

Ive just had someone I was intimate with say they dont want

I've just had someone I was intimate with say they don't want the intimacy..just be friends. I'm shy and 60 (male). He is (was) just my cup of tea but issues of time, age, his emotion (struggling with his his sexuality) all got in the way. I seem constantly to struggle with this emotional grief of being alone but can't seem to find intimate (soul mate) bonding type friends. Yes I'm desperately sad. Can anybody help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Finding good friends and dating can be so tough. I would suggest that at this time you really find out some things you are interested in and find a group near you that meets to do that. This can help you find friends/dates that have the same interest as you which will allow you to more likely meet that person you are looking for. One great place to look for activity groups is They offer a lot of different areas of interest and are real face to face meet up groups.

You also stated that you are sad. If you feel that is interfering with your ability to connect with people I would suggest you see a therapist to begin talking through why you are feeling this way and to get screened for depression.

Please let me know if I can assist anymore!