How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Doctor Blake Your Own Question

Doctor Blake
Doctor Blake, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 146
Experience:  Ph.D., Ed.S., NCSP Clinical Psychologist; 15+ years of experience; dual licensure
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Doctor Blake is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worry that I have Bi-polar. I have been reading the information

Resolved Question:

I worry that I have Bi-polar. I have been reading the information on this page & feels it fits me perfectly for the last 2 months at least if not much longer than.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Blake replied 6 years ago.

Good morning.


Your question makes perfect sense, and I'm glad you're taking the first steps toward answering it. Please understand, however, that the experts on JA cannot (and will not) diagnose over the internet.


First of all, you are to be commended for overcoming your addiction to heroin/opiates. This is no easy task! Also, as you probably know, the use of any mild altering substance (including cannabis) can jeopardize your ongoing abstinence from heroin. You are to be commended (again) for quitting the cannabis, especially during this difficult time (the loss of your mother).


With regard to the diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder - it is essential that you see a licensed mental health professional in your area for a thorough evaluation. This evaluation will inform his/her diagnosis... which will then inform his/her treatment/therapy. Because of your complex history (recent significant loss, history of anxiety/depression, history of substance ab/use) it will be important to have a face-to-face evaluation/assessment to determine what/if you may have and how/if to proceed with treatment.


Finally, as you are searching for licensed mental health professionals to begin this process, I might encourage you to consider speaking with a Psychiatrist (MD) or Psychologist (PhD) who has extensive history in mental health assessment/diagnostics. Some folks are great therapists - but may be lousy diagnosticians. Some are great diagnosticians, but lousy therapists (like House on TV)! Right now, you need a great diagnostician.


I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.


* FEEDBACK ENCOURAGED. Please contact me prior to leaving negative feedback so that we can resolve the matter. I am eager to work with all JA clients to provide them with useful/helpful answers. Thanks again.

Doctor Blake and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions