Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Psychologist
Experience:  19 years conducting therapy; book author; newspaper columnist; former co-host of radio show

If one finds himself having a thought that seems unusual in

If one finds himself having a thought that seems unusual in the middle of normal thinking during a conversation is it better to let that thought be known or to just wait it out and linger through it and continue talking again when his mind is back to his choosen topic?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 6 years ago.

Great question. For my money, it is best to let the thought run its course in silence rather than disrupt the natural flow of the present conversation. In fact, I don't think you are all that unusual, to be honest. Many of us find our minds wandering at least a little during the course of a conversation - but if we were to verbalize everything drifting through, we would be considered quite odd by everyone else!

Keep those thoughts under your hat and enjoy yourself - If you are satisfied with the response, please hit "Accept." That is the only way I can receive credit for my answer. Thanks-

Dr. Steve