Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

Can clonazepam help me with falling asleep Will it make me

Can clonazepam help me with falling asleep? Will it make me fat?

Klonapin can help relax one and help lead to sleep. There is a klonapin wafer that works much quicker. Have you tried Sonata?. In addition many Drs. use an older antidepressant that can only be taken at night because it is so sedating. It is called Trazadone. You might wish to talk to you MD about these suggestions. The OTC drug Melatonin is very sedating but causes many people to have hangovers. I would be very careful about over the counter drugs at age 76. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your kind reply. As stated in my question to you, I have already tried Sonata, which I will be happy to try again, based on your suggestion. However, you didn't address the second part of my question: which ones will make me fat?

Sorry,

According to the research Sonata and to a lesser degree Ambien have associated with weight gain. That doesn't mean it will make you gain weight although it has that effect on some.There has been some rare reporting of weigh gain with Lunestra. Sorry I missed that part of the question.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC