Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

My son made me so uncomfortable while visiting him, I got up

My son made me so uncomfortable while visiting him, I got up and snuck out of his home and flew home,I'm wondering if I should have handled it differently ,been more supportive knowing he has mood swings like his Dad who was worst..........

This may not have been the best choice, but at times it may have proved the only choice to prevent a more horrific response. Ideally you should have done what you suggested, but forgive yourself as the ideal is not always an option. If it feels right, i might suggest that you reopen the lines of communications with a telephone call and try to explain what and why what happened transpired. We are all human and to err is human. Best wishes and good luck.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.