Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I am very depressed. I have been employed for over a year.

I am very depressed. I have been employed for over a year. I am out of funds. I must abandon things and move. When the answer is "You need a Job", what role can the mental health profession serve?

Not a blessed thing. The good thing about this site is if you don't feel it has been helpful, there is no need to pay for it The only thing medication and therapy can do is give you is the will power to keep up the battle and possibly develop strategies that you may not have thought of. If depression is getting in the way, low cost therapy and medication, maybe of use. However anyone who is making any type of guarantees is a charlatan. Mental health is only worth it if it brings you closer to your goal.. So good luck and best wishes

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.