Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

I am afraid my good friends new young bride may be a sociopath.she

I am afraid my good friends new young bride may be a sociopath.she has a former restraining order on her for going after a boyfriend who was cheating on her.She totally defaced his car and beat him up.she recently told her husband that I screamed @ her called her names and threatened in front of a bunch of people in the gym.This aws not =even close to the truth.what do you think????
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

I think she may have some serious problems which are impossible to to diagnose via the net. I think if you try to protect your friend at this point, you will probably loose him as he will chose her over you in a conflict. So I would avoid getting in the middle with the information that you have. I would a single time tell him that you have concerns for his well being with his wife and you are available to t talk to him should he chose, but after this one initial offer I would drop it. You are in a no win situation unless your friend asks for advice. There are times that there is nothing you can do and this appears to be one of them. Be there should he need you, but don't intercede.Best wishes.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.