Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

how long does xanax stay in your urine for if you are a daily

Customer Question

how long does xanax stay in your urine for if you are a daily user
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Up to a week, depending on dosage, length of time used and liver function.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thankyou, but i would like more information first as this is my future health and marriage at risk i am 31 years old and way 70kilo i take 2mg of xanax a day and 200mg of tramadol will i pass a urine drug screen next week i need to stop the medication anyway as it isnot helping me it never has, i really need to pass this test as i need to be on the right medication, i have been on them for years but recently had a break off them an dhave been back on them for about three months can u tell me how long it will take to clean my sysem and is there anything i can do to help this process, i want to get off them i have been off them for 3 days now but i am finding it hard i have done it before and i can do itagain ! please help me with my question
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
please help me with my question and i will be most happy to accept your answer, thankyou ever so much.
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Tramadol is not routinely tested for, so should not show up on your urine test. Unless, of course, the testers take the highly unusual step of testing SPECIFICALLY for tramadol, in which case it shlould be undetecable in your urine after 3 to 5 days. Tramadol is not a controlled substance, and if you have a prescription for it, even if it was specifically tested for, there would be no problem

Unfortunately because we all metabolise drugs at different rates, no-one can tell you definitively how fast you will clear these from your system. Al that can be done is to work on the basis that, for example tramadol is gone after a maximum of five days and xanax after a maximum of 7 days.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
CAN I GUARANTEE A MAXIMUM OF 7 DAYS 1 FELLOW SAYS HIS MOTHER WAS ON XANAX FOR A FEW YEARS AND IT WAS STILL FOUND IN HER URINE MONTHS LATER THANKYOU FOR YOUR REPLY I WILL THANKFULLY ACCEPT YOUR ANSWER, I HAVE GIVEN YOU MY AGE, WEIGHT ECT CAN YOU BE ANY MOREPRECISE I HAVE BEEN ON AND OF THEM FOR FIVE YEARS
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
I cannot be more precise for the reasons I have given you, and the figure of 7 days comes from two reputable references.

Your age weight and so on are of no use - what is important is how your body metabolises the drugs and that depends on your liver and kidney function.

The figures I gave you assume normal function, and are realistic maximums.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

would it be possible for you to do online diagnoses i have been rongly diagnosed for four years and have struggled on the wrong medication which i am currently detoxing off, i have seen two phsyiciatrists in the last two months and they both have diagnosed me with the same thing but the last thing i want is to be put on the wrong medication instead but i do need something i need to be sure as you have no idea how hard it has been to want to keep living my life is a mess so can it be possible to be diagnosed online or do you know of anyone who can help? I will gladly pay you on a regular bases if we are able to work something out. thankyou again ever so much i hope to hear from you asap and i hope that you can help thankyou

Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, I cannot do that for you - the site rules forbid it.

The fact is that for anyone to try to give you a dignosis online will be difficult - I suggest that you go on to Google and enter a search query "Psychiatry Online"
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou 4 all your help on my case u were very helpfull BUT I was just wondering if u could please help me with a question about my father inlaw he is never one to complain or tell anyone if he is sick but in the middle of the night he rang an ambulance as he felt like his anus is going to fall out!!!! he has a hernia aswell, they just said he was constipated and gave him coloxyl at 3 thismorning and still nothing he says he is not constipated!!!! he is very regular!!!! he just says he is uncomfortable and yes feels asthogh it is going to fall out he also just informed me that he hasnt used his bladder since yesterday!!! i am worried can u give us any advice PLEASE ASAP!!!!
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
I'm afraid you are going to have to post this as a completely new question in the ,medical section, rather than in mental health.

Regards,
Norman.