Kelley
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
20327072

My councelor thinks that I may have some simtims of PTSD. I

My councelor thinks that I may have some simtims of PTSD. I have been threw alot since my childhood I had been sexualy abused, raped by several men. I have a sun from the rape he is 14years.I stay away From People I only deal with them if it has something to do with work . Lately I have been going threw so much stress that I started losing my hair. I saw a doctor for the hair problem. And she said I was under so much stress she had to give me medication for enxaity and for my hair. Could it be PTSD?

I am sorry for all the trama you have experienced. Yes I do agree that you most likely have PTSD. I would strongly encourage you to get back into therapy and continue painting. You deserve to be better and to be allowed to heal from your traumas. If you are not seeing a psychiatrist I would also highly recommned you see one for a full evaluation and possible medications to help you through this rough time while you work through the hurts of your past.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What is PTSD ? Can you explain to me what it means and why you belive I have it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
PTSD is post traumatic trama syndrome. Here is a link that describes it in more detail http://www.aaets.org/article125.htm You have had several traumatic experiences throught the rapes and sexual abuse. The trauma from these experiences often comes back to effect your life. Because of this PTSD would be expected.