Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

My daughter is a 3.8-3.9 gpa student. She is making me crazy

Customer Question

My daughter is a 3.8-3.9 gpa student. She is making me crazy this year. About a month ago I got a call from her school saying that she was being suspended for a day because she stole another girls shoes and put them in her locker. She claims this is not true but I really don't believe her. I know she is somehow involved. Then a couple weeks ago she had to serve a detention because she plagarized part of a book report and denied it when a teacher confronted her and showed her how similar(almost exact) it was. She has no compassion, never says please or thank you and has me at the end of my rope. She can be a fun kid but I wouldn't say she is nice.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
If talking to her doesn't work then it is time to show your disapprovement by your actions. Remove all privileges from her when she breaks the rule. Reinforce good behavior by giving her rewards. Don't give in when she is rude; whereby making her use manners to get things she wants.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I really don't think this helps as it is nothing I have not already tried. My issue is I don't feel I can trust anything she says anymore to be truthful because of the issue with the shoes. Her tone is rude in general about every topic.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
I will opt out and let someone else try.