Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am a 53 year old mother of 3. Unfortunalty my husbands family

Customer Question

I am a 53 year old mother of 3. Unfortunalty my husbands family had a sexual abuse history that i did not know of or could ever imagine (church family) my youngest girl at the age of 4 mentioned to me that her aunt had touched her DOWN THERE and I blew her off as just a misunderstanding, It did not seem possible that this woman could have done that.
then at age 16 she told me in addition to her aunt 2 male cousins and her dad's dad (the preacher) had also molested her. I got her in counceling and childrens services and the cops got involved. not enough invidence to press charged even though my son addmitted abuse my atleast one male cousin.

So my daughter has made very bad choices for the past 30 years, she is a compulsive liar has 2 kids in the middle of a divorce living at home appears to have extreme mood swings..threated to hang herself....in and out of relationships with men I have offered to pay for help she says she is moving out of our house and we won't see her or the kids
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
Hello Sir or Madam,

Welcome to Just Answers. I'm not sure what your question is...can you clarify that for me?

Anna