Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

Im coming of Pristiq. Its my third day straight off 50mg tablets

I had post natal depression & after seeing my doctor on thursday he told me I was okay to come off the tablets. Im coming of Pristiq. Its my third day straight off 50mg tablets as there is no lower dose and im experiencing horrible withdrawals. My head feels so strange, im in a daze and it comes in waves. I will feel fine for an hour or so and then it hits me. I am experiencing feeling nauseated at times but mainly it is this unexplainable feeling in my head, fuzziness, vagueness, headache & noises are amplified. How long is this likely to go on for?
I'm surprised your Doc told you to come off suddenly without tapering off your dose.

Sudden withdrawal is generally regarded as bad practice.

Call him and tell him about these withdrawal symptoms. He may want to revise his opinion. Some people lose their withdrawal symptoms in a week or so, but with others, it can be longer.