Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

How can I get my brother-in-law, who is a part-time Methodist

How can I get my brother-in-law, who is a part-time Methodist minister, and my sister, who is his wife, to stop preaching to me? It is driving me nuts. I am not even the same religion as them. I am Catholic.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA.

Simply set boundaries by telling them that while you respect their views, you have your own faith and are not prepared to listen tio what they say about religious issues. Tell the that you find their preaching to you offensive as it appears to be an attempt to undermine your own faith

Make sure you understand that you are serious about this, and any time the subject is brought up repeat your stance. Never be tempted into justifying your position, or explaining indetail why you are not interested

Best wishes,